Sunday, August 18, 2013

How can I represent my family members in a tattoo?

butterfly tattoo designs names
 on ... butterfly tattoos irish butterfly tattoos lower back butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoo designs names image



MM


I want to get a tattoo to represent my mom, dad, brother & husband all in one tattoo but i dont know how. I was thinking the flower of their birth month but thats really common now & i dont want pictures of them. I also want to be able to add to it when I have kids. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks.


Answer
Nope. I have no idea and I've been in this business for a long time. But seriously, people face this dilemma constantly. "I don't want portraits, but I want something symbolic"and "I want their names, but that's so overdone" are the kind of things we hear in a busy shop on a daily basis. The flowers is a really common idea perhaps, much like birthstone colors incorporated into designs, horoscope symbols, etc. etc. In all my years of tattooing that's what people tend to go with more times than any other...the common, or cliche stuff, because it just works. It can be added to easily in most cases, and it just works artistically. It tends to steer you and your artist clear of having to try to work "10 lbs. of crap into a 5 lb. bag" by mixing up a bunch of different themes that are each relevant or symbolic of each person in a group but don't especially work together artistically. Especially a diverse group such as yours with a mom, dad, brother & husband. In my opinion, I would suggest doing something that YOU like for starters, for example, perhaps birds or butterflies. Do each one with a relevant pattern, or color or something symbolic of each individual and arrange them in a way that can intentionally be added to later if necessary. That might not be the answer you are looking for but I hope it helps.

I had a miscarriage & want to get a tattoo for my baby. What should I get?




Lucas


I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago & I want to get a tattoo to remember my baby. (I'm 17 btw)

My baby was a little boy, Lucas Christopher. Any ideas for a tattoo design that I could get to remember him? I want it on the back of my neck if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance (:



Answer
I think the best thing you could do to remember him is get a generic foot print or hand print tattoo, a small one on the top of your foot with cute font written above it a simple quote or the date. Dont get the tattoo on the back of your neck, your too young for that and a lot of jobs dont like visible tattoos so get it somewhere else.

I had a miscarriage when I was 16 in february, the day I had the miscarriage a beautiful blue butterfly landed on my stomach, I took a picture of it and sent it to everyone I know and twenty minutes later...yeah. I got that butterfly tattooed on my hip except I added a little twist to it, I made it look decayed and skeletal because I feel that that little butterfly was sorta like my babies grim reaper. But every time I look at that tattoo I remember that day and remember how wonderful it was before the evil littler butterfly. So maybe get something like that, something that will make you instantly think of your son without really putting his name, date or anything like that on you.

Best of luck :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I represent my family members in a tattoo?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment