Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A "Tramp Stamp" - Tattoo artists...?




Jenn


So I've wanted to get a tramp stamp for a long time but I didn't want the same lame arse stuff like tribal, swirls, flowers, and butterflies. All of my other tattoos are custom designed (although they are all stand alone, nothing in big pieces) and I like the one off bit.

I have also wanted to get a pin up girl for the longest time but not look creepy for getting one what with being a girl myself.

So I was thinking of getting a pin up girl tattooed to look like the picture on a postage stamp. (Hence Tramp Stamp) Obviously this would be quite a bit larger than a real postage stamp. And that's fine. But is this something that is possible from a tattoo artist's stand point. I wouldn't choose any of the girls that are super detailed, just a simple design for her, but I would want the postage markings like you see on a mailed letter.

How big would that end up for that level of detail. I'm okay with big but I don't want it to end up taking up the entire lower portion of my back.

Any other ideas for either a pin up girl or a lower back piece that doesn't look corny and overdone?



Answer
To be completely honest with you, I don't think it's a good concept. I give u props for creativity, but I know it's not going to stand the test of time. Even if ur pinup was simplified, u still do have to put a certain amount of detail into a face for it to even look like a face. If it's too small, over time, all those small lines and small detail will eventually just blend into each other and look like one big dark blob. When we get old, our skin stretches and tattoo lines bleed out. Also, pinups are known for their beauty. You will lose that beauty if your try to ensure that it doesn't take up your lower back. It's just going to be too small. Have u thought about putting a pinup on your side? that's an ideal spot for one because of the shape of your body in that area. You have to think of that. The small of your back is flat and wide. You have to think of things that will flow nicely there. That's why so many people get things that are viny, or flowery, or things that are flying like butterflies or birds. There's so much open space right there, that u need something that has movement to it, for it to look right. I don't think that a stamp, which is literally a square, will do you any justice on your lower back. On the top of your foot, or the inside of your wrist would be a better spot for that shape. Just give it more thought now that you know u have to take these other factors into consideration. I think that tattoos are an investment. They're yours for ever, so u want to be proud of it. They're not cheap either! Lol! Do your homework, and good luck to you!!

What tattoo will compliment my scorpion on my back?




laura k


Im 33yr old female and finally got my 1st tattoo, I wasnt afraid of the getting the tatt but wanted to make sure I wouldnt regret it. I got a lovely neat tattoo of a scorpion (birth sign) on my lower right side of my back and I just love it, but now I would love a large piece all along my right back and I would like to incorporate my scorpion, so any ideas, Im not into anything girly like hearts, flowers, butterflies etc and I would like it to mean something, I was thinking of a concept of good vs evil, greed/poor, heaven/hell. Any ideas would be great.


Answer
could you edit and post a picture? that would help to visualize a concept...

a snake going up your back with its mouth open towards the scorpion.. idk how detailed your scorpion is.. or what position it is in..

here's some ideas:

http://www.dragonpower.asia/girl%20with%20live%20dragon%20tattoo.jpg
this one is obviously not a real person, but cool concept

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi_YIItvLniMddllmoIYDnkIb5yH6L7Ap1Km3oj8d7VBHSpLqrZKhskg_-d3ioc0aItsV4foYwBwDziXL6-0n8lu976m3MlD8I9n5QHCkXD7zwS8aLMd-aP7UMtb8asp-kJcWmhZIyUq5_b/s400/skull+scorpion.jpg
you could add some cool skulls?

http://www.freetattoodesignsandpictures.com/tattoosandtattoodesigns/SNAKE-breast-chest-ANIMAL-TATTOOS-flash-designs-TATTOO-pictures-gallery-T2.jpg
snakes with open mouths.. imagine just one on your right side of back

http://www.bmeink.com/A90305/high/fzt1-skull-snake-scorpion.jpg
imagine on back...

hope those inspired some ideas in your head. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A "Tramp Stamp" - Tattoo artists...?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment