Thursday, August 8, 2013

Is it customary to tip your tattoo artist?

butterfly ems tattoo
 on 100 Dragons Japanese tattoo designs reference book by tattoo artist ...
butterfly ems tattoo image



s1sm00n


If so, how much, and is it still the same if she is the owner of the shop?


Answer
YES! This is a person that is inking you, so yes, yes, YES! If they work for a place then they get a percentage and tips help them greatly. I usually tip between $40 - $50 and all my tattoos are discounted after I did that. Got some work done at a lot better prices. In this case I would tip higher since we're on good terms, he's making me feel like a preferred customer, and I want to help out. I want the artist to make the money and not the shop :P

Now if he/she owns the shop, I still tip since it's a good gesture and you'll find better treatment on next visits such as getting a spot while they make the butterfly or standard "tramp stamp" walk-in wait. Sorry, but it's true. Most inkers don't honesty like doing the same thing over and over and the walk ins that "just want a little butterfly/flower/thingy" drive 'em nuts. They're artists and it's the same as going to a fine cigar shop and asking for cigars you can get at 7-11. Get some WORK while yer there, people! ;)

"Tipping ain't just a city in China"

What tattoo design do you like best?




SuzieBelle


flower
snow flake
dragon
butterfly
swallow
feather
snowflake
On a girl on her wrist : ) And I'm asking this just as an opinion of the general public, not to make my decision for me. Thanks.



Answer
flower and a butterfly because they're girly... nd i'd also prefer dragons coz i like 'em lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it customary to tip your tattoo artist?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment