Saturday, March 15, 2014

Matching tattoos for the kids? HELP! Idears?







So youâll never guess where I am right now........Dharamsala! Esperanza put aside here prejudices about tattooâs on women and we took up Aleah on her offer to go backpacking with them there!!! âThemâ is Aleah and Namir (the Israeli couple) and their daughter Netanya, and of course we are Esperanza, Ryan, and myself. Itâs so AMAZING. Weâve already done TONS of stuff...I just got time to come to an Internet Cafe (there are tons of them, due to all the hippieâs around hoping to catch a glimpse of the âDollyâ Lama).

Anyway, we all have really bonded, and last night at dinner we came up with an AMAZING idea. Of course, we made A + N aware of our quest to get Ryan his tattoo. Then they reminded us of an ancient custom of India. Sometimes if two couples (or two mothers) struck up a really good friendship, and if one had a boy and the other a girl (or was pregnant with same), they would vow to cement the alliance between their families by betrothing the children to one another. (For you guys that donât know, âbetrothâ means âengageâ.) Then when they got older, the kids would marry.

This got us thinking about Ryan and Netanya....and tattoos. Why not....get them matching tattooâs? It would be meaningful on so many levels. It would commemorate the fateful meeting between our two families, as well as strengthening our bond. Also, it would be a beautiful way of betrothing Ryan and Netanya.

Our only problem now is coming up with the PERFECT design. We were thinking some kind of six-pointed star with all of out names and what they mean....maybe even the symbols for each of our names at each point. Shareef means âhonor(able)â (Arabic), Esperanza means âhopeâ (Mexican), Aleah means âimmigrant to new homeâ (Jewish), Namir means âleopardâ (Israeli), Netanyu means âGift of Godâ (Hebrew), and Ryan means âKinglyâ (Irish). We could also have the names written in each of their scripts (Arabic, Mexican, Jewish, Israeli, Hebrew, and Irish). However, we still need to work in on Ryanâs the original idea of his birth date and âMIRACLEâ in Arabic. Plus we donât want it to get too big because theyâre just babies (6 + 7 months).

Any ideas would be AMAZING.
OK you guys have no right to judge us if you don't know the whole story...and I didn't ask for your opinions except on the DESIGN so...ideas? What is a symbol of "hope" and "immigrant"?
I don't have any tattoo's but Aleah has lots (like I explained last time) and she said they didn't hurt very badly....kind of like a cat scratch or a sunburn....she even fell asleep during one of them LOL



Answer
Hello again Shareef! I hope that you are all having a great time seeing the mighty greatness that is the dolly lama!!! lolz.
a couple of thing...

1. DO NOT listen to these people that say not to tattoo a baby! I mean, we, in America, get babies ears pierced, get the little boys circumsized, and we even cut their umbilical cords! Talk about pain! However, I am under the impression that they babies can't remember all of these things, so now is the best time to get the tattoos done! I mean, from what I hear, tattoos are pretty PaInFuL and I wouldn't want to remember it unless I had to! They will thank you for it in the long run, I promise!!!

2. Congrats on "betrothing" little Ryan and Netanya! I am sure they will enjoy years of happiness together!

3. As for design... PLEASE don't get a nautical star! Those are SO played out! What you chiefly need to do, is incorporate something that has INTENSE meaning to all of you.... like maybe .... well, I think that butterflys would be best! What you can do for little Netanya, is get a string of butterflies on her lower back! That is a totally original place for a tattoo, plus, it will be cute because it won't show unless she wears lowrise diapers! Then everyone will get a little *peek*... lolZ!! Okay, so there will be a total of 5 butterflies... on the right side, you can have two butterflies, one with her mom's name in some pretty language, like sanscript or japanese, and the other with her dad's name in the same language! Make each butterfly the color of the parent's eyes to add deeper meaning. Also, on the left side of her lower back, you should put you and Ranza's names in chinese or whatever... you should see how the characters look first to see which language looks better. Once again, make the eye color of the parent the color of their corresponding butterfly! Then, for the centerpiece! You will have one butterfly that will symbolize the JOINING of the two families! The butterfly will be half Ryan's eye color and half Netanyu's eye color! The, to symbolize Ryan, you should have the butterfly wearing a crown and to add Netanyu's "Gift of God" added in, you could have the crowned butterfly have a halo on top of it's crown! Underneath the butterfly, you can have "Miracle" written and both babies birthdates!
For little Ryan, make the design the same, except instead of butterflies, make his flames or a tribal. Those are both SUPER manly designs! just make sure you still carry the colors of the eyes, etc, into the design! Also, make sure to leave room where they can tattoo their wedding date someday!

All in all, I think that my design will be much more symbolic than a star, and not as complicated.

Tattoo dedicated for my daughter?




SeptemberM


I am trying to think of a tattoo design idea dedicated for my 2 month old daughter her name is Selena Larose marte. I don't want the popular hand/ foot print & birthdate, or wings or just their name in script . I am clueless though & put a lot of thought into but no luck! Any ideas or cute quotes/ sayings ? Or design ideas? And I'm just looking for some ideas I can take & put my own twist on it so it means something to me I just need some ideas to get the wheel turning! Thanks :)


Answer
I did butterflies with my kids names, I get comments on them every time I go out. butterflies symbolize so much from a tiny little defenseless caterpillar to a beautiful free butterfly (just like a child) heres a pic of it:
http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=147006




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Matching tattoos for the kids? HELP! Idears?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment