Wednesday, March 12, 2014

tattoo question?




crazy_abou


I am thinking about getting my next tattoo on monday but have a slight concern. Its going to be a smallish sized tribal butterfly and im wandering how they will put it onto my skin.
They didnt stencil my previous one, but that was only small. Problem is i want the tattoo to come out shaped right etc. Do tattooists that do not use stencils still get them done ok?



Answer
I have never been to a tattoo place where the didn't stencil mine on first. If you are worried about thatthen maybe you should go to a different place. I would figure with something tribal it probably has a lot of detail so they will probably draw it on first.

When getting a tattoo....?




Anna


Do you need to have the exact outline you want ready? Or can you tell them the main idea you would like and have them draw it? For example: I would like to get a butterfly tattoo on my left back-shoulder. I know that I want it to be more outline-y (is that called tribal?) and that I want it to be facing more to the side then straight on. Kind-of like this one: http://niccotattoos.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Tribal_Butterfly_Tattoo_by_xCyniX3573.jpg . Except I think I'd like it to be facing the other direction and to not look exactly like that one. So could I show the artist that one and get him to draw one for me or no? Thanks!


Answer
Oh yeah, whoever does your tattoo can draw it for you. And if not, well, personally I'd want to go to another artist. I think I'd just feel better knowing that the person who is tattooing me has some artistic talent, and not just the ability to trace lines.

It's helpful, i'm sure, to have a picture.. almost half of my tattoos were more the tattooists version of my idea. Like for example, I wanted some random leaves/vines to tie in a few old pieces, and the artist just drew them up freehand on me.. (His skill def means I'm going back to him for my next one.)

Anyway, yes, whoever does your tattoo should for sure be able to draw you up what you want, or I'd go elsewhere. I've never heard of a place where stencils were necessary :D

um.. just for fun :D
http://www.eviltattoo.com/bt.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: tattoo question?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment