Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Any ideas for a memorial tattoo for my mother & step-mother?

butterfly tattoo breast cancer
 on Breast Cancer Awareness Month  free tattoo designs ...
butterfly tattoo breast cancer image



Melissa H


My step-mother died last year of breast cancer and my Mom just died lat week. My step-mother loved butterflies and fairies and my mother loved the color red and the Serenity Prayer. Any ideas as to incorporating these ideas for a memorial tattoo on my shoulder or back?


Answer
I'll give you an example and maybe it will help you. My daughter just got one of a hummingbird feeding on a purple rose with her great-grandma's initials on the belly of the birst (very small have to look close). Her great-grandma loved hummingbirds and purple roses.
You may be able to do a fairy flying next to a butterfly and use red tones throughtout the tattoo, if you could incorporate the prayer hands from the Serenity prayer that would be great,
Take your ideas to the tattoo parlor that you want to use and have them do a drawing. My daughter just told the artist what she wanted and what colors and he drew it up for her.

Looking for a breast cancer ribbon tattoo but I want it unique?




Christian


I don't want just the simple pink ribbon. I want something unique and eye catching. I've googled images but haven't seen anything that I haven't seen before. Any suggestions?
My mom is a breast cancer fighter. My sister has one already, with "MOM" in the middle of it, and I don't want to copy her.
I'm not asking for advice on how to spend my money. A tattoo idea or design would be sufficient.



Answer
My husband tattooed a guy whose grandmother past away with cancer, he wanted her favorite flower, which is a hibiscus, and in the middle of the stem is the ribbon is wrapped around it.
Another guy is going to be getting a cross made of railroad spikes and instead of a rope tying them together in the middle he is getting a ribbon wrapped around it.
Ive seen the ribbon used as the body of a butterfly and wings added to it like this http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=breast+cancer+tattoo#/d1i9wa5
This is also really pretty http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://s2.causes.com/photos/EQ/p2/VQ/ng/nI/UO/lt/3iJ.jpg&imgrefurl=http://media.causes.com/592413&usg=__pQseFHpka3ufdYqq6UUtXY9q230=&h=180&w=240&sz=31&hl=en&start=0&sig2=KHRPqGurzKn9QtrJjfqr8g&zoom=1&tbnid=8pxeedML1iCozM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=162&ei=MwrqTJiBMI3CnAfS6JmEDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbreast%2Bcaner%2Btattoo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D956%26bih%3D387%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=459&vpy=97&dur=100&hovh=144&hovw=192&tx=94&ty=71&oei=DQrqTOSKLoG0lQfjr9GrCw&esq=13&page=1&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0
Here are a couple of different ideas
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=breast+cancer+tattoo#/d2vtwa1
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=breast%20cancer%20tattoo&order=9&offset=72#/d309wwk
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=breast%20cancer%20tattoo&order=9&offset=72#/d2n53cb
And if you want to keep looking deviant art has a lot of good references
I hope your mother beats it, its in my family too, my grandmother had to have her breast removed because of it and my mother passed away from pancreatic caner. Just keep fighting and I hope you find the perfect tattoo




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any ideas for a memorial tattoo for my mother & step-mother?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment