Thursday, September 19, 2013

Will this tattoo hurt?

monarch butterfly tattoo design
 on cool butterfly tattoos: Butterfly Tattoo Meaning
monarch butterfly tattoo design image



Annie


me and my mom want to get a matching tattoo on our right hip (when i turn 18.) i just want to know how much a quarter sized monarch butterfly on a hip will hurt. i'm pretty thin (not stick thin) but i'm just wondering if that would affect the pain.
also, i have a very low threshol of pain. and how much would it cost if we went to someone good?
also, i want it to be very pretty and colorful. but do you think that in time it will just look like a blob of black, orange, and yellow ink? is quarter sized too small for this tattoo?



Answer
For this people the hip can be a very painful place, it's right on the bone, so if you don't have a lot of cushion there, it hurts. But it is a small tattoo, so the pain wont last very long. i think you can handle it-- even with a lot pain tolerence-- you're looking at less then 30 minutes anyway. I have a lot tolerence-- and a very patient artist, anything is possible. I don't know where you live-- but if it happens to be in the SF bay area, I can make a few recomendations if you e-mail me.

As for cost-- you will be paying the shop minimum-- which is usually between $50-100.

That is not too small for a tattoo, and if you go to a good artist, they can tell you how much detail you can put in that small of a space-- I have a tattoo on my foot that has a section about the size of a nickel (I just put one on it to measure) thats basically stright lines, crossing eachoher with literally 1/8 in. squares between the lines. it is not blurry at all-- and the design is very clear. Open space/ edging is much harder to keep clear then colored in sections. so it is absolutely possible. just take your time and find a good artist.

the only thing I would caution you on is that if you plan to have children you may want a different area. Your mom will be fine on this obviously-- but for you-- if you ever get pregnant-- it can stretch, and that would defiantely make it look like a blob =( if you do plan to have kids-- or are undecided-- i would recommend maybe your shoulder blade, or your ankle or something. Some place still femenine and easy to conceal shoudl you feel the need-- but less likely to stretch in the long run.

Hope that helps!

Tattoo placement help? ?




Emma


So in about 8 months ish (lots of time to think and decide still :]) I'm gonna be getting a tattoo of three or four monarch butterflies just flying up. I am not entirely sure where to place it though! Im being careful as to where to place it since im still young so I do not know what I will be doing job wise years from now but the current plan is a hair styling course and being a hairdresser (which I'm not sure how that job is about tattoos). I've been thinking about my ankle area going up my inner leg but it wouldn't be easy to hide in summer an I heard the ankle hurts a lot. I've also been thinking about my shoulder blade but then I cant see it :( and also my thigh just about my knee so it can be covered with normal shorts or a skirt but you can see it in bathing suit of shorter shorts. So back, ankle, and thigh. Any other places that would be a possibility???? What are your opinions on those ones??


Answer
Well the placement of the tattoo is just as important as the design, so dont rush it.
Why must you get it in 8 months?
Theres no hurry.

Anyway, usually hair dressing stores are pretty accepting of tattoos.
I go to TiGi for my hair and my hair stylist is quite covered in tattoos.

I think the best place would be on your foot, have 3 or 4 butterflys flying upwards around the angle of your foot arch.
Tattoos look best when they flow with the natural shape of your body.
Another location could be behind your ear, following your hair line or on your waist, flying around your hip bone.

Ankle - Could be nice, a bit like the foot.
Thigh - Sounds a bit awkward, usually thighs look better with bigger tattoos that take up almost all of the space of the thigh rather than a few small butterflies, especially if they are down towards your knee.
Shoulder - Ive never really liked this location unless its apart of a full back/sleeve




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will this tattoo hurt?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment