Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm getting my first tattoo(small) and I want the breast cancer ribbon, but what would look good with that?

butterfly tattoo breast cancer
 on ... Cancer Tattoos Design Page 15 - WakTattoos.com | Free Online Tattoos
butterfly tattoo breast cancer image



Anna S


I want my tattoo on my inner wrist or inner ankle and I want the pink ribbon, but I want something else like stars, flowers, or turning it into a butterfly. Does anyone have any pictures or ideas on what I should do?


Answer
I would put something meaningful to you around/with it. For example if your grandma had breast cancer and she called you something like buttercup (corny I know) then get a buttercup. Obviously you're getting the breast cancer ribbon for a reason even if it's just that you support the cause so go on that. Brainstorm like you're back in middle school with spider charts and stuff :)

How can I show solidarity with my mom?

Q. I'm 34 and my mom has cancer. They've found metastatic malignancies in two lymph nodes, which almost always point to the breast as the primary. She also has a tumor on her thyroid. The thyroid was biopsied and came back benign. They've also done two biopsies of the breast, which both came back with no sign of cancer. They're now talking about doing an incisional biopsy to get a bigger tissue sample or a mastectomy.
However, they want to do chemo first and she's been told that she'll lose her hair.
She's really nervous/scared about losing her hair and I want to do something to show support and solidarity with her when she does. I suggested to her that I'd shave my head when she loses her hair, but she begged me not to do that. I've thought about maybe dying part of my hair pink to show support when she loses hers. What are some other things I could do?
Tarkarri, thanks for those ideas. I live several states away from my mom, but I can certainly send some things like that in care packages.


Answer
My daughter helped me choose hats and scarves in bright clours that matched my tastes and personality.

She collected skin stickers "Temporary Tattoos" in flowers, butterflies and rainbows that I wore with pride on my bald head.

She bought me eye shadows in strong colours (something I never wore normally) to create a focus on my eyes that were bereft of lashes.

She got me to the hospital in the middle of the night when I was delerious with sudden fever despite the fact that she didn't even have a licence (I have no memory of how she achieved that) and took control in the ER.

She was 15 when I was diagnosed and as a single mother she was my main "support".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm getting my first tattoo(small) and I want the breast cancer ribbon, but what would look good with that?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment