Sunday, December 22, 2013

Are tattoes (on women) frowned upon in your country?

butterfly tattoo designs and meanings
 on Butterfly Tattoos - Conceptual Butterfly Flapping
butterfly tattoo designs and meanings image
Q. I have a butterfly tattoo, about 4 inches wide, on my right shoulder (backside) and it shows when I'm wearing bathing suits or halter dresses. I also have a smaller version of the same butterfly design in my left calf. When I was in the Philippines last month, I noticed that some people were staring at me as if I did a very bad thing. Why is that?


Answer
PHOENIX.. please read your answer and then tell me who's rude and guilty of prejudice now?

about the tattoo, it depends which part of the country and which age group. in the cities, the youth are very open to tattoes. many of my female friends have one and it's no big deal, at least in our circles. for older filipinos, they find it not-so-nice, both for men and women (but more for women) to have tattoes because they associate tattoes with prisoners/ex-convicts/criminals. in the philippine prisons, having and giving tattoes to inmates have been a pastime since they don't have much entertainment and/or creative outlet in there.

each culture and sub-culture attaches specific and often different meanings to different symbols. in the case of tattoes (the symbol), they can be interpreted differently depending on the place and generation who sees it.

doesn't it sound more open-minded, phoenix?

What is your tattoo & it's meaning?




gemstarbab


I just got my first tattoo last weekend. I decided to get one to symbolise my childeren.
I designed my own tattoo, so it is special to me with alot of meaning.
I have a heart surrounded by roses & vines, with two swallows meeting on either side of the heart.
Then on each side I have my childrens names.
I love it :-)
Just wondering about your tattoos & their meanings.
iforgot to mention where it is.
it's on my upper back between my shoulders.



Answer
my 1st tattoo was just me being a grown up and making my first adult decision

my 2nd was for my mom, we got the same tattoo, colors vary, but it was a design of my moms we used

my 3rd was for my dad. he loves seahorses and to always have him with me i got a really cool looking seahorse on my thigh


my 4th is a group of butterflies- on my shoulder- to represent my past present and future

my 5th is a whispy vine on my foot wrapping up my ankle.
as i marry and have kids i'll add small butterflies to the design to represent my family


yeah if you can't tell i like butterflies lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are tattoes (on women) frowned upon in your country?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment