Sunday, December 15, 2013

What else would go with my existing tattoo?

butterfly zebra tattoo
 on Pinup girl with tattoos and tattoo gun
butterfly zebra tattoo image



Jordan


I have a tattoo on my right foot. It's a black and grey rose and of a medium size.
I feel that my left foot is missing out and I feel like there should be a tattoo on that foot too.
Only thing is I don't want a matching tattoo to the one I already have. But I would like one that's different but not completely clashing.
I'm open to all suggestion, be that colour, size, anything!
Thanks guys! =)
I'd like to say i'm quite into the hardcore scene, so pretty tattoos aren't really me. Thank you though :)
And to the 4th comment down - What you say, means nothing to me. You are illiterate. So someone here nears to learn how to look after their brain. I hope you did a good job of raising your children...
*so someone here needs



Answer
Not matching, but not clashing, and not girly... hmm

Well a rose (as I see it, although I can't see your actual design, which might help if you'd like to upload it?) is a traditional, old school tattoo design, so in your shoes (no pun intended!) I'd try and find a type of tattoo with the same classification but totally different content. Perhaps an anchor design? I would personally stick to black and grey, I think one foot colour one foot black might look a bit odd, but then I'm a stickler for symmetry! I wouldn't want it myself, but if you're into hardcore and wanted something a bit traditional, I could perhaps see a simple black anchor sillhouette entwined with white/pale grey rope and a skull background with some very small black rose/flower detail around the edges.

Alternatively, if you wanted something a bit wacky, how about getting your other foot done all over in zebra/leapord print, or stripes, something a bit different!

Another alternative, you could simply stick with black and grey flower of a different sort, perhaps black cherry blossom or lillies?

Or *ideas flowing now* some big fat Kanji, translating into an expression of some significance to you, I could see large black Kanji working well with a black rose. If you go down that road, never just take eastern language off a flash wall, always get someone reliable who speaks the language check it out, you've no idea how many funny websites I've seen with people's mistaken Kanji tattoos or w/e!

On the japanese theme, you could also look into traditional japanese tattoo design, it's my favourite style, powerful and beautiful without being too girly (in my opinion!), just google it and see if it stirs up any inspiration!

My last idea... if you have a poem or song lyrics or some text that means something to you, you could simply have that written on your other foot (in English). Ouchy on your foot, lots of outline and detail, but would look awesome as a foot tattoo I think, particularly opposite your rose!



EDIT: To the answerer below.

If you dislike tattoos, why are you in the tattoo section?

You don't know how old she is, perhaps she is even married already for all you know, and for many women these days marriage is not the be all and end all. I, for one, would not wish to be married to a man who would judge on something as superficial as what's on your skin.

I'm answering the question making the assumption she is a legal adult, and that's all that matters. She may regret it, she may not, who are you to judge? I'm not into the hardcore scene either, but would you have flinched so much if she'd mentioned she had flowers and butterflies? Don't let your prejudices affect your judgement. You've raised 3 children, and yet you're still instilling values like it's important to concentrate on 'boobies and butts'? Oh dear, you've gone wrong somewhere. I am a mother and I would never raise a child of mine with such poor appreciation of what matters in life.

Live and let live.

I want to get a tattoo behind my ear or on my leg...?




Tay-A


I want to comemorate my life-long struggle with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers-Danlos_Syndrome , which not only physically affected me, but made me a social outcast, was the root of sever depression, suicide attempts, 'picking' on myself (literaly at my legs with tweezers, and metaphorically), my sisters anorexia, and my parents' divorce.

I was considereing a small zebra http://www.medicalzebras.org/ ,
a knoted rope (many escape artists have EDS, and to symbolize my freeing myself from the disease),
or...something else? I want it to be something very ppowerful, as EDS has been a major force in my life, but still very beautifl, because it is such a crucial factor in my life, ans something that has made me what I am and that I can never be rid of.
~*~
Opinions and suggestion on an image, reasons, and placcemment are much appreciated! Thank you for your time!
None of the 'get what you want' $h!t please. I would really like your actaul suggestions, otherwise I wouldn't ask!. And I will get something that has special meaning for me...I just want to see what's out there!



Answer
Well, the whole bracelet thing is a fad, so I don't think that is a good idea. But the rope can also be binding, and the knot could become symbolic of that..
I have celiac, a genetic autoimmune disease. I know how having a disease, even though you can't help it , can stress everyone around you. Personally, when I think of the struggles you and your family have been through, I think a butterfly, fairy, bird... you know, something winged that symbolizes you and your family rising above the struggle, your inner beauty that is not tied to your disease, and your inner strength that gives you the power to be different and beautiful at the same time.
You have a disease, and so do I. Although the disease did define some parameters for my lifestlye, the disease has not defined me, and neither should this disease be for you.
I think something strong and feminine would be a lovely statement. Blessings and I wish you the best always!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What else would go with my existing tattoo?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment