Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Do you consider tattoos trashy?




Bowtiesare


My mother won't allow me to get a tattoo. No I am not thinking about getting a full sleeved or a tramp stamp at 16 (I am currently 15). I have been considering this for a long time. I am very influenced by art, I find tattoos fascinating, particularly tribal tattoos. I am going into graphics design fo school. I would like to get a tattoo when I am 20 at the earliest. I want to think about the tattoo, be mature about It and realize what It will look like in 40 years I more. My mother believes tattoos are trashy and tasteless. I think for some people it's a form of expression. I don expect to get anything bigger than a 2 inch by 2 inch diameter. What is your view on this matter? do you think tattoos are trashy? Why and to what extent?
Ahh the grammar problems! I'm on my iPad, I am so sorry. Its hard to fix the mistakes.
Ha you don't know the wrath of mother! I think I'll care less, but I don't want my mother to think I'm trashy or I did it as a rebellious act.



Answer
Firstly, I have to say it is LOVELY to see someone young putting some thought into this. I'm passionate about body art, and it angers me seeing so many kids on here wanting crappy tattoos for the sake of having a tattoo. I love that you have said you're influenced by art, and have thought about how a tattoo will look when you're older, AND that you're happy to wait until you're well and truly an adult. THANK YOU for being that way. :D

Okay. So. Some tattoos are trashy - ones that mean nothing to the person with it/them, soley for the purpose of being able to say they have a tattoo. Guys with skulls/dragons/flames that are "siiiick" or "dope". Girls with butterflies/stars/fairies because they're "pretty" or "cute". NO. Wrong reasons for getting a tattoo. If someone cannot put some thought into a tattoo, and either design something themselves or get an artist to, and end up with something else that countless other people with impulse tattoos have, I see it as trashy. Placement also has a lot to do with it. Very rarely are tramp stamps anything other than a statement of a girl being overly sexualised. Tattoos just above the hip bone give the impression of much the same thing.

If you're still sure it's something you want to do when you're 20, then it's safe to say it is the right decision, and won't easily become a regret for you. What your mother thinks when you're past the age of 18 really has nothing to do with it. A real tattoo that is thought out and custom designed really is a form of expression, and she should support your decision to be who you want to be, provided you're not breaking laws in the process. Having a meaningful, well done tattoo makes you no less a decent person. I'm quite covered in tattoos - I'm qualified to teach photography, theatre, literature and French; I'm completing post-graduate psychology studies; I tutor music students; am an internationally sought after photojournalist; and my five year old son is one of the most thoughtful, observant, attentive children people have met. My husband is COVERED - he's a professional tattoo artist; completing post-graduate philosophy; teaches music; and is a clasically trained musician.

My father HATES my tattoos, but concedes that there's not a lot he can do about it - I am who I am, and it's apparent I'm not an uneducated jerk. Each of the tattoos my husband and I have have been well thought through, and are beautiful. We sometimes get some strange looks in summer when we have our tatts on show, but in winter when we're covered, people actually seem surprised when we reveal we are so covered. It's the idiots who get the impulsive, generic tattoos that give the rest of us the bad name.

Remember that your mother grew up in a generation where only thugs and jailbirds got tattoos. I can't say I blame her for being closed minded about them. That said, we are now in a world where more that 25% of people aged between 18 and 25 have at least one tattoo. It's become largely socially acceptable, because there are people putting thought into their artwork, and getting the work done by exceptionally skilled artists. Nothing trashy about that.

What's the sexiest tattoo?




Kimberly B


I'm a girly girl, and am looking to get some more ink done. I'm not looking to copy anyones tattoo, but I'm looking for inspiration. Tell me about the sexiest tattoos you've seen! If you have links to pics, even better!!


Answer
tribal, roses, butterflies, hearts, etc. are kind of not sexy any more in my book- a bit common. If you're looking at flowers, I love cherry blossoms, or other unique flowers. Lately I have been eyeing mermaids, pin-up girls, old-school designs, religious artwork, whether that be a hindu goddess or catholic figures.

One really sexy tat I saw was on an episode of miami ink a year or so ago. A woman got an awesome pirate ship tattooed on her side, up her ribcage. To me what looks sexiest on us girls is something you wouldn't expect- whether that be a large tattoo, a sleeve, old-school sparrows, catholic artwork, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you consider tattoos trashy?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment