Friday, June 20, 2014

i need some ideas..i want to get a tattoo?




i<3tyler


i plan on getting a tattoo soon..but i don't know whether to have it done with a gun..or with calligraphy...which hurts less? and i want stars or paw prints on my foot or a heart on the side of my wrist..what are some other good ides? pics would help


Answer
A tattoo gun is the default method of getting a tattoo (unless you plan on going through the considerably longer and more painful processes of traditional Polynesian or traditional Japanese tattooing...). Calligraphy simply means "beautiful writing"- it is a font style like "handwriting" or "printing" (or if you're into computers, "Arial" or "Times New Roman"), not a means of applying a tattoo.

Most, if not all, tattoo parlors have a large amount of "flash", pictures of simple designs, for those who don't know what they want in a tattoo. Go to your local parlors and look on their walls, and through their portfolios. That will help you get some ideas on what you like.

Since I don't know you or your personality, "I EM WE TODD DID" tattooed on your forehead might be just as valid as a full-back tattoo of Barbie, which is just as valid as a biomech dragon sleeve, in your eyes. Asking random people for ideas, without giving us any clue as to why you want it, what you want it to symbolize, what you like, or what you're like, is pretty useless.

Are you very feminine? Opt for flowers, small birds, butterflies, dainty vinework, symbols of love, etc.
Are you tough? Opt for dragons, tigers, wolves, lions, stonework, symbols of strength or power.
Are you sexy? Opt for playboy bunnies, delicate long-petaled flowers, pomegranates, slinky cats
Are you cute? Opt for kitties, bunnies, puppies, candy, cartoon characters
Are you fun loving? Opt for symbols of your favorite pastimes
Are you of an Irish heritage? Opt for a triquetra or knotwork
Are you religious? Opt for a symbol or phrase that sums up your faith.

...see where I'm going with this?

Do you have any tattooes?




anewrachel


What are they and is there a story behind it?


Answer
Tattoos, and yes I have several of them.

My artist is Tim Maccowan of Aardvark Tattoos & Body Piercing in Saint Johns, MI. http://www.aardvarktattoos.com

At age 16 I used a needle and some India ink to put:
I (heart) Pat! on my left upper thigh/hip area. He was my boyfriend at the time. Except the tail of the 'a' later faded so now it looks like ' I (heart) Pot!' LoL Which I don't, but that just had to be the spot that faded. (I'm 32 now and still happily married to the same 'Pat' I was dating at 16).

At age 18 I did the cliche Unicorn Head on my Right hip, it still looks pretty but I've learned by now that I want original tattoos, not the flash art or cliche things like a rose, butterfly, or unicorn.

That tattoo was my first 'real' one did by an artist, and it was done in celebration of my marriage, moving away from home, and being 'grown up' now. (I was still a kid though as only age teaches you).

At age 20 something (I truly forgot the period when this one was done) I had Reverend Dark (a well known artist) do my intials on my upper Left breast. I loop my three intials together in a certain way - he traced my original signature and inked it onto my skin. He had fangs, long black hair, and spider webs inked at the corner of his eyes. I was terrified of him, yet he was the sweetest man once I got to know him. That tattoo was probably just a desire or whim of the moment inking. I know I had seen Mexican gang girls with names on their breasts and I thought it looked sexy. (I grew up in a small all white german Catholic town).

At age 32 I discovered Tim of Aardvarks Tattoos. He inked a celtic stone cross (large one!) onto the back of my neck this late May. It was for my grandmother who had just gotten seriously hurt, plus other family members. My children, husband, mother, and grandma. Plus an uncle who has a terminal disease. The cross has 4 gemstones, one at each point. Each gemstone is colored in the birthstone hue for my children, grandma, and husband. Then a yellow rose wraps up around the cross for my mom. Yellow roses are her favorite flower. The cross is for my uncle and everyone.

Then not even a month or so later (in June) I had Tim tattoo a beautiful hummingbird, purple flowers, and tribal like vine on my outter Right calf. It goes from almost my knee area to my ankle. My mother loves hummingbirds, and I figured better that then a skeleton ripping out of my skin. Might freak mom and my kids. *winks*

Annnnnnnnnd tonight, I razored a small star onto my left hand right between my pointer finger and thumb area. I then rubbed India ink into the cuts and presto, a beautiful perfect little star. This reminds me to follow my own path in life, to be true to myself and my family, and to never give up on my dreams or the future. It also reminds me how far I have come, and everything I have survived. It's one reason I did it myself.

I probably have another one that I've forgot about in my old age.

I'm going to get more of course, I'm a horrible whimp with the needles but I love the artwork once it's all said and done. I've learned that those who hate tattoos will tell you why they hate them.. what they think of tattoos on women, etc etc.. BUT I learned to ignore the negative people and just take pleasure in the many compliments and conversations strangers start up with me BECAUSE of my tattoos. *proud smile*

And for those who say 'it will look horrible when you're 80', I reply with 'so will the rest of me so who cares!' lol For those who say tattoos are somehow evil.. well, just ignore them because they have some serious mental issues and it's useless trying to convince them Satan didn't hold you down and ink your butt. hehee (No, I am not satanic.) For those who say ink is ugly on women, well those are usually the types who want a Barbie Doll perfect girlfriend so they wouldn't have liked somethign else on me or about me anyway (with or without the tattoos).

Piercings? I only my ears pierced with a 14g CBR and yes I screamed when Tim pierced them. It hurt! lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: i need some ideas..i want to get a tattoo?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment