Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tattoo Redone and Getting a New One.?




!!Basketba


I am getting a butterfly and pancreatic cancer ribbon tattoo redone on my upper thigh.
At the same time, I plan on getting a butterfly on my shoulder blade.
My questions are:
1. Compare the pain of the upper thigh tattoo to the shoulder blade tattoo. Some people say none, some say terrible.
2. I had this butterfly done in Fall of 2010. I think it was my fault that it got messed up. Therefore, I am paying for it to be fixed. It is only missing color in a few spots. How will he re do it? Will he color the whole thing back in or just fill in the missing spots? I plan on wearing dresses and not letting anything touch this tattoo so that it will heal correctly!
3. Is there anything else I need to know? Fill me in please!



Answer
I have a damsel fly on back of my shoulder, got it when a mate of mine died of AIDS, I was in Gibralter at the time, and it faded in a few places due to sun exposure.

When I got back to UK, I had it 'retouched' the artist completly reworked the whole thing, and it looks much better for it even now, ten years later.


shoulder blade tattoos are really easy, hardly felt mine, thigh is more sensitive I think

Women with tattoos, quick question, men too?




SweetBitch


I want to get a tattoo, well two. I want to get the quotes : "que sera sera" and "carpe diem" tattooed. I just don't know where. I'm worried that if I do get it and I either gain weight or get pregnant the tattoo will look awful. First: where should I get these tattoos? Second: Will the turn ugly or deformed? I don't have any so of course I'm worried. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!


Answer
ALL tattoos fade and blur over time. After 10 years, most tattoos need to be redone or touched-up to make them look good again. Letting and words on the skin are more likley to look bad over time, then a picture of a butterfly or something like that, because words have hard edge lines that blur to obscure what they are.

YES, gaining weight or getting pregnant will alter the look of a tattoo, but it wont usually make it look really really bad unless the artist places it in the wrong spot. What makes a tattoo look bad is if it is not done by an artist smart enough to realize that the tattoo has to stand the test of time or if they do not have enough experiences to know that women get stretch marks in specific places after pregnancy. This is usually what happens when people are tattooed by artists that are not well trained or that give them "cheap" tattoo rates. You get what you pay for.

A lot of it depends on where YOU want to have the tattoo done. Do you want it to show easily, or hide easily? If you want it to hide easily, you need to have it done on areas you normally keep covered with clothing. If you don't mind people seeing it, then you can get it done anywhere. The truth is there are VERY FEW spots that wont be affected by the gaining or loss of weight. The calf, mid back, and forearms are about the only spots that don't change a lot when you gain or lose weight. Any place you might get stretchmarks is more likely to to also end up with an alteration in the look of the tattoo.

If you consult with your artist and tell him about your concerns, he can actually LOOK at your body and tell you where on it might be a good idea to have your tattoo done. Seeing your body is the key, because it will let the artist know where you have space for words to fit. I suggest you go with a smaller lighter lined lettering if you want to make sure it doesn't turn into a blob of illegible words 15 years from now.

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Tattoo Redone and Getting a New One.?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment