Saturday, June 7, 2014

Girly Tattoos vs None Girly?




Terrible T


My tattoos are unisex tattoos. So they would look fine on both men and women. I love my tattoos. I'm wondering what everyone's opinon is on girly tattoos. I love girly tattoos, but I also dig it when a woman gets a not so girly one, like my wolf. Here are my tattoos, they are on my thighs. I love them like crazy, and they mean alot to me, I'm just curious as to what you all think about what makes a tattoo feminine. I've been told that I shouldn't have gotten mine, because they aren't girly enough, I think thats rediculous, but we all have our own opinions, thanks. Mine:
http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=41255
http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=42411
btw, the wolf isn't finished yet, he still has a sunset scene going behind him, with skulls hidden in the clouds.

ps. can you find the skull hidden in his eye?



Answer
that wolf tattoo is literally stunning! the lion one is beautifully done as well.
i'm indifferent to "feminine tattoos." I prefer unisex ones. The latter look edgier and are often 1000x more individual.
Flowers, butterfly, star, heart playboy bunnies or anything like that- don't get me wrong I think they do look lovely, but I don't like what they represent at first glance, and the assumptions people make about them. They've just become so common. I know that with a lot of people who have them they do hold some individual meaning to the owner, but even so I don't like the fact that everyone has them, and all in the same places; lower back, shoulder, hip/lower stomach, ankle.
I think what comprises the femininity of a tattoo is the way that particular tattoo lies on that particular persons body, i.e if it suits their unique figure. For example, it has to agree with a feminine aspect of that individuals figure. If she has big breasts, i think a chestpiece would accenuate that. However, is she has small breasts, I think a small tattoo on the actual breast or just above underneath the shoulder would look better, as it would enhance the daintiness therefore femininity of the woman. If the woman has large hips, then a hip tattoo would look good, if she has a nice ass, then a lower back tattoo etc.
I think the colour and shape of the tattoo also plays a role in drawing attention to individual femininity. If she has cool colouring (e.g. blonde hair, blue eyes) a blue or violet tattoo would look nice to compliment features. If warmly coloured (e.g. dark hair, tanned skin) a dark pink or dark blue tattoo would look nice. If the person has a rounded figure, a round tattoo would enhance their assets. If the person is slender and small, small tattoos would look better and mirror their dainty figure. If she is bigger, she'll be lucky enough to be able to pull off some more detailed/bigger designs that would overwhelm or look masculine on a smaller woman.
Ultimately, the femininity of the tattoo has to rely on what the individual already has to make it work.

what makes a lower back tattoo slutty?




scorpio192


I mean I just wondered
where did the stereotype of lower back tattoos being slutty begin?
In the mind what makes guys and girls think of them as "tramp stamps"



Answer
" 'Tramp Stamp' is a derogatory term for lower back tattoos on women. The term originally applied to lower quality, often flash based designs (simple tribal work, butterflies, kanji, and so on) that were *displayed seemingly to attract attention to partial nudity and to emphasize sexual availability*, but the term can also be used to apply to all lower back tattoos that ride on the pant-line. "
The stared part is the main reason I consider them "Slutty." They look like an advertisement to me personally. Though I have seen some very nice looking one it still looks like the woman in question is simply trying to draw attention to that area.
To each their own though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Girly Tattoos vs None Girly?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment