Friday, May 30, 2014

Explaining a tattoo about self harm?




Thelivelyh


Well I want to get a small butterfly tattoo on my wrist or LOVE written there.
My boyfriend asked me why I want a tattoo and I don't know how to explain.
Im struggling on here to explain to ask how to explain... I don't want him to think it's a stupid reason.

I've self-harmed in the past and very recently just stopped completely. I have scars (mostly on my legs) and im sure that my boyfriend will just say I have scars to remind myself of self-harming, but I want the tattoo to basically show myself that i've overcome it. How would I explain this in the simplest way possible?

I'm pretty sure some people are going to say that tattoos are a form of self harm but I don't want anyone who is going to say that to answer. Its my body and its to show myself that i've overcome something that kept me together for years.

So basically how would I explain? And which is better, butterfly or LOVE?
Thanks



Answer
You could just tell him straight: "I don't know how to say this and I'm sorry if it makes no sense, but..." And then explain it as you did in the question. Say that you did it to remind yourself that you're strong and of your accomplishment. He should understand.

And I like the butterfly idea.

If it were me, I'd get a tattoo of either:
- A symbol for hope or strength.
- Something with Personal meaning to me: eg. "Never give in." because it's a song from a band which have helped me a lot to get me through life.

Tattoos covering Self Harm Scars?




EdianBlair


So, I wanna get a tattoo on my arms but I have scars from previous self harm incidents.

I was wondering can tattoos cover the keloid self harm scars?

Theyre pretty raised and yeah.

Also, What design should I Get to better the cover up?

Tnx! :)

(Please No Rude Comments)
Actually on my wrists Im planning to have LOVE on one and YOURSELFS on the other,



Answer
A tattoo is PERFECT to symbolize a memory. I love your idea by the way! My best friend and I were self harmers as teens and once we recovered we got matching tattoos of monarch butterflies, because black and orange are the colors of the self harm ribbon. If you know you're going to be proud of your ink even when your skin ages, go for it! <3




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Explaining a tattoo about self harm?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment