Friday, May 2, 2014

What are some short rip quotes for a tattoo?

Q. My dad passed away about 3 years ago and I wanted to get a tattoo..I'm only sixteen so I want something that I'll still like years from now.

I was thinking "To live in the hearts of those left behind is not to die." or "Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality." Any ideas?


Answer
SO sorry for your loss. My grandfather recently passed away on March 11 2011. And in memory of him I am getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade of a butterfly which symbolizes freedom and the symbol for colon cancer which he died from.

A few nice quotes include
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. "
"To the world you may have just been somebody, but to all of us you were the world. "
"Non est ei similis" or " There is no one like him"
"Gone but not forgotten."
and... "always in our hearts" or you can say "always in my heart."

Are you just getting the words or an actual design with it. Because if your father really liked music, i found a picture of a treble clef and bass clef in the shape of a heart that would be really pretty to go with your saying.
but anyway... Best of luck with your tattoo.
P.S I'm also 16 and getting my first this weekend. :D so exciteddd!

Bible verse to go with butterfly tattoo?

Q. Not looking for a lecture about tattoos.
I'm getting a blue butterfly on my left rib and I want to see if anyone knows a good short bible verse to go with it! No chapters just the verse.
And not looking for a lecture on how tattoos are a sin. Thanks god bless


Answer
Um tattoos aren't sins, and anyone who says otherwise is a bigoted asshole.
I don't conform to any religion, so I don't really know any bible quotes...
Might I suggest some quotes from Holocaust survivors instead?

âThou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.â â Yehuda Bauer

"Love gives us wings to soar above it all." -Sara Atzmon

âHatred is something we must fight against.â -Leslie Meisels

Oh, I suggested Holocaust quotes because the butterfly is the symbol of the Holocaust.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some short rip quotes for a tattoo?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment