Saturday, May 17, 2014

If you were to get a tattoo, What would you get?




Dicko


I am a novice tattoo designer and have started to get mental blocks for designs, as i have designed all the tattoo's I would want to get.

All I am after is some ideas of what other people would get for a tattoo. What would you like to get?

These ideas would really help me in my study of this art and I would really appreciate some feedback.

Regards

Dicko
Can I just say thanks for all the answers, they are all really good. I will be doing some of these idea and maybe even send them to you if they turn out ok.

Thanks Again



Answer
I'd like to get tattoos like these..

Jesus christ
Lord Buddha
Che
Roots (like jeff hardy's tattoo)
Gun and a butterfly
Face with two expressions(evil and good)
newly born child

Should i ever get a tattoo?




izziebby


well, to start off...
i want a tattoo on my lower back
like a butterfly, or some stars
but i definitely want it on my lower back

the thing is, that i dont know how much this hurts
people have told me it is extremely painful
i dont want to regret gettting the tatto either
do you guys think its a good idea?

and since this will (maybe) be my first tattoo
and i have no experience
how are tattos made?

thanks for taking the time to answer my question



Answer
The short answer is yes, it will hurt - but not as bad as you might expect.

There are a few rules you can follow to make it hurt less.

1. No alcohol or drugs for 24 hours before, don't be tempted to go for a bit of dutch courage beforehand as this will thin your blood and make you bleed more.

2. Make sure that you have eaten a good meal in the few hours prior to getting tattooed. This is pretty important, I have a lot of tattoos and found that when i had eaten prior to getting them done i felt less pain. also think of things in advance, if your tattoo is going to be on your lower back will your jeans / belt rub off it on the journey home from the tattoo shop? Maybe wear tracksuit pants or something loose.

3. Bring a sugary snack and a soft drink with you, this is another thing my tattooist recommended and it helped me when i was being tattooed for longer periods - has something to do with blood sugar levels I think.

4. The outline is the worst part and that's what they start with, so the first few minutes is usually the worst, after that your endorphins (body's natural pain killers) kick in and it gets easier, don't throw in the towel within the first few minutes because it gets a lot easier as time goes on.

5. I also found that the pain is only there while the needle is on your skin, like when they lift the tattoo gun off you it eases right away, so if there's a particular part that's getting to much for you, just ask the tattooist to give you a short break or move to a different area.

6. In my opinion, the sensation of getting tattooed is different from pain, even though they use a needle its not like being pricked or pierced. its more an itchy burning scratching feeling. obviously its different depending on where you get your tattoo. I find that tattooing over an area where there is a bone close to the skin is more 'painfull' then on a fleshy area, but maybe that's just me.

7. Don't think about the pain too much, it will definitely make it worse, just be relaxed and you will find its a lot easier then you thought it would be. you might even enjoy the whole experience!

8. Above all to prevent future 'mental' pain, be 100% sure of the design you want, maybe get an artistic friend to design it for you or bring your ideas to the tattoo artist and get them to do a custom design for you. It will help if the design has a special meaning for you. Don't pick a design off the wall of the shop! did you ever go out to a club or pub and see somebody wearing the exact same top or dress as you? sucks doesn't it? Well, imagine being on the beach and seeing someone with the exact same tattoo as you, its worse because at least you can change your clothes - that ink is on you forever!

As regards your other questions;

Are tattoo's a good idea?
Well yes, I think tattoo's are a good idea (I have both arms almost fully covered) but they have to be planned correctly. As I've already said, be 100% sure of your design, it's going to be with you for your life. also be sure of the placement - Will you want you tattoo to be visible to others? what about in the future like on your wedding day? I know a few girls who couldn't wear the wedding dress they wanted because it showed their tattoo and they wanted to keep it hidden, try think of these type of situations before planning a tattoo.

How are tattoos made?
They use a machine with a fine needle (sometimes with a few needles) which they dip in ink and then use to draw the design onto your skin. the needle moves back and forth very quickly and it punctures a few layers of skin and the ink is left underneath.

Good luck with it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If you were to get a tattoo, What would you get?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment