Friday, May 9, 2014

why do Christians get tattoos of Jesus or a cross?




Narcissus


isn't it a sin to get a tattoo


Answer
These two verses that mention getting a tattoo are a prohibition against pagan practices that their priests would do.

Leviticus 19:27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD.

As far as I know, God doesn't care a whole lot about your hair style or if you put a picture of a butterfly or a cross on your body. He just doesn't want His people making themselves to look like pagan priests.

Adam Clarke Commentary

It was a very ancient and a very general custom to carry marks on the body in honor of the object of their worship. All the castes of the Hindoos bear on their foreheads or elsewhere what are called the sectarian marks, which distinguish them, not only in a civil but also in a religious point of view, from each other. Most of the barbarous nations lately discovered have their faces, arms, breasts, etc., curiously carved or tattooed, probably for superstitious purposes.

Tattoo design advice?




Queeny


I am looking to get a tattoo on my lower back and I really like some of the butterfly designs. I also was looking to incorporate the lavender ribbon (which is for general cancer) into the design somewhere, does anyone have any suggestion on how I could do this? I thought about trying to make the ribbon the body?
Can I just add that, I know I want a butterfly and know I want the ribbon, I was looking for suggestions on how I could incorporate the two, not opinions on what you think of tattoos.



Answer
Put the purple ribbon inside the butterfly wing. Make it part of the butterfly.

Or use the ribbon as the body of the butterfly, like this:
http://www.bmeink.com/A80210/high/no1h-breast-cancer.jpg

You can always alter it a bit to make it completely original. But it's a good idea all around. I love tattoos with a cause. It means a lot to so many people. Go for it! And good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: why do Christians get tattoos of Jesus or a cross?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment