Saturday, May 24, 2014

what can i add to my butterfly tattoo?




Jenn


I have a purple butterfly tat on my left shoulder i got 4 years ago when i was 16! dont get me wrong, i love it, but i do wish i had given a little more thought into to make it more then what it is....anybody have any ideas on what i can add on to it to make it bigger,brighter more to look at???


Answer
you could fill it in with different patterns and colors, or surround it with flowers and stars. be creative :)

First Tattoo?




likewhoait


I am planning on getting my first and possibly only tattoo- i plan for it to be of a butterfly because it symbolizes life and is a representation of a friend of mine that passed away, but i want one that is classy.
i need help picking one out.
plus where should i get it- i am a 16 year old girl, where will be flattering and still be acceptable to have all my life?
oh and i see peopla talking about me being under 18, honestly its my grandmothers idea haha and my mom is going with me also- we are all getting them



Answer
Don't get a tattoo at 16. Your body is still growing and changing at that age. If you really want this tattoo you will still want it two years from now when you are 18 and can legally get a tattoo by yourself without your mommy present (depending on your state it may be illegal for you to get a tattoo right now at all, even with parental consent, but you don't say what state you live in so I can't look it up). It is awesome that you want to honor your friend but it won't be any less meaningful if you wait until you are of age.

If you want to bring reference material with you to the shop when you get tattooed, feel free, but most artists use their own reference materials and will only use yours as a rough guide. Your best bet will be to go into the shop, tell them what you've just told us and have them draw something for you. Tattoo artists draw SO MANY butterflies they will not have any problem creating a unique one for you. Your best bet would be to find an actual photo of a butterfly you think is pretty and bring that. Is there a particular marking pattern you want? A particular color? Find photos of REAL butterflies that reflect what you want, don't bother bringing in flash or photos of other people's tattoos. National Geographic is a FANTASTIC source for stuff like this.

As far as placement goes, a good artist can guide you through this as well. Tell them you want this but have no idea where you want to put it, that you want a location that will be flattering but stable (that is the exact phrase I would use if I were you "I want a location that is flattering but stable") and they can help you pick! All of the tattoo artists I know enjoy helping their clients with this sort of stuff. They get so many people who want tattoos in the same ole' location that they often have really interesting, unconvential placement locations that someone coming in off of the street may never have thought of.

Good luck, hon!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what can i add to my butterfly tattoo?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment