Thursday, November 7, 2013

How to go about getting a tattoo ?

butterfly tattoo in the change up
 on Butterfly Tattoo | Tattoos
butterfly tattoo in the change up image



this girl


I turn 18 next Monday, and that is something I always wanted to do.

I want to get a butterfly tattoo ( butterflies mean a lot to me )

Q: What do i do? I mean could i google butterfly tattoos and print one out that i like and maybe mix it up and/or change it a little to make it my own? And take it in and show them? do they make a sketch the same day ? or do I come back to get it done? Not sure how it works...



Answer
Look at photos of real butterflies, as well as stylized tattoo versions, decide the style you want and print out pics for reference.

Call your chosen studio, ask when would be convenient to call in to discuss your design, turn up and tell the artist what you want.

Whether or not they complete the sketch same day or later depends on artist, studio and work load, as well as what you want for your design.

You may have to wait a few weeks, then the artist will call you, tell you it's done and arrange appointment, or you may just turn up and get a same day appointment.

Do your Research and choose your studio carefully. good luck

Seeking nursing career with a tattoo on wrist?




Mommy 2 B


I have a monarch butterfly tattoo on the inside of my wrist. I am currently going to college to become a RN and plan on getting my master's in nursing in the future. Will my tattoo hinder me in my career? I've heard some hospitals don't allow exposed tattoos, is this true? It's a very beautiful and harmless tattoo, I don't see how anyone could be offended by it. Also I am concerned with health concerns my employer may have about me having a tattoo.


Answer
As was said earlier, and has been said by most responders, tattoos are not, generally, accepted as part of a professional presentation. It is not a health issue, but some patients may perceive it as one. You must not only be concerned with the tattoo but on the effect it has on the patient and their attitude towards you as part of the staff.

As a nurse, you cannot always cover your wrist. Even with a bandage or a wide-banded wrist watch, they will have to come off for certain procedures. And continuously wearing a bandage on your wrist from one patient to another does present health issues, as does jewelry. You cannot change a bandage every time you touch a patient and move to the next like you can wash your hands. Gloves can be used, but prolonged wearing of gloves increases your risk of developing a latex sensitivity or allergy. A nurse who is sensitive to latex might as well retire, as there is a lot of latex out there, though much of the latex is being replaced.

If you already have the tattoo, you can try to cover and work with it, but it might affect your selection for some jobs based on the perception of interviewers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to go about getting a tattoo ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment