Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Okay, so I'm getting a lower back tattoo, but I still hate the stigma attached to it!!! What do you think?

real butterfly tattoos pictures designs ideas
 on ... girls crazy tattoo art and design full torso dragon tattoos designs
real butterfly tattoos pictures designs ideas image



Michelle C


Okay....so here is the deal!!! I'm 30 years old and stay fit. I go to a gym and just finished running my first half marathon back in November. I have been married 5 years and with my husband a total of 8 years. I have a masters degree and work as an accountant and plan to sit for the CPA exam within the next year. I'm telling you all this first of all to show you that I am not your stereotypical lower back tattoo candidate. I'm not a tramp and haven't been with many people in my life. I've always had nothing but the highest of morals. Anyways, I have been thinking about getting a lower back tattoo for a while and my husband thinks that it will look really good and he has been encouraging me to "just do it". So, I did my research and the first artist was very dismissive, but the 2nd one took my idea and gave it a twist and made it completely original and unique for just me and I absolutely love it!!!!

First off, There will be a red roses in the design. I know that roses are typical, but "believe it or not" it has significance to me and there was a reason I chose this. The rose itself is in honor of my grandmother who died in January. She was known for her green thumb and before she died she wanted to smell a real rose. So, my church contacted a rose greenery down in Texas and they sent her a rose bush for free and my dad took a picture of her sitting next to it. That was the last picture taken of her before she died and the place in Texas has planned on naming a rose after my grandmother, "Claribel." A lot of people say that I have a lot of her strength inside of me! The red color stands for love, respect, and strength.

In the center there will be the Chinese symbol for water which stands for life, higher wisdom, transformation, renewal, intuition, and blessing. He made it look like water is swishing up around the symbol like the parting of the red sea! I love that! This part of the tattoo stands for all of the adversities that I have faced over the past year and overcome. My family has been through so much, but we are survivors and are moving forward! I also graduated and finished my college education (finally) this past year. It took me forever to do that! This tattoo will be like freezing a moment in my life that I never want to forget. A moment when the odds were against me and I persevered!!! Ironically, the water symbol is also my astrological sign as well since I am a Cancer. Also, there will be a ladybug and a couple of butterflies ( I know stereotypical, but its cool because they are pointed at the water symbol as if watching in anticipation or in awe of some kind of spectacle!)

Anyway, Here is my design:
http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac231/She11ybeanz/?action=view&current=IMG_0036.jpg

Anyways....I'm 100% sure I will get negative comments. I just wonder why people feel the need to put labels on people who obviously do not "fit the mold" for the class into which they are being automatically placed in to. I would just like to have some constructive criticism please.

I'm getting my tattoo this coming Saturday and I'm starting to get really nervous since it will be my first and probably only tattoo!!! Does anyone who has a tattoo have any advice on how to prepare myself for the process or just have some general advice for a newbie tattoo enthusiast!!!



Answer
Hey there, don't get cold feet on me. And stop caring what people will think of you, they don't know you. And if anyone puts a label on you because of the placement of this tattoo, they aren't worth knowing.

There's really nothing for you to do in terms of preparation. Remember to be hydrated. Wear loose clothing and just remember to take deep breaths during the process. It's a really beautiful design and seeing as it's only an outline, it should probably take about a half hour to an hour, depending on the artist.
Afterwards just ask the tattoo artist what ointment he suggests for taking care of your tattoo. And how often to change the bandage.

Good luck, I want to see pictures!

What tattoo will compliment my scorpion on my back?




laura k


Im 33yr old female and finally got my 1st tattoo, I wasnt afraid of the getting the tatt but wanted to make sure I wouldnt regret it. I got a lovely neat tattoo of a scorpion (birth sign) on my lower right side of my back and I just love it, but now I would love a large piece all along my right back and I would like to incorporate my scorpion, so any ideas, Im not into anything girly like hearts, flowers, butterflies etc and I would like it to mean something, I was thinking of a concept of good vs evil, greed/poor, heaven/hell. Any ideas would be great.


Answer
could you edit and post a picture? that would help to visualize a concept...

a snake going up your back with its mouth open towards the scorpion.. idk how detailed your scorpion is.. or what position it is in..

here's some ideas:

http://www.dragonpower.asia/girl%20with%20live%20dragon%20tattoo.jpg
this one is obviously not a real person, but cool concept

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi_YIItvLniMddllmoIYDnkIb5yH6L7Ap1Km3oj8d7VBHSpLqrZKhskg_-d3ioc0aItsV4foYwBwDziXL6-0n8lu976m3MlD8I9n5QHCkXD7zwS8aLMd-aP7UMtb8asp-kJcWmhZIyUq5_b/s400/skull+scorpion.jpg
you could add some cool skulls?

http://www.freetattoodesignsandpictures.com/tattoosandtattoodesigns/SNAKE-breast-chest-ANIMAL-TATTOOS-flash-designs-TATTOO-pictures-gallery-T2.jpg
snakes with open mouths.. imagine just one on your right side of back

http://www.bmeink.com/A90305/high/fzt1-skull-snake-scorpion.jpg
imagine on back...

hope those inspired some ideas in your head. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Okay, so I'm getting a lower back tattoo, but I still hate the stigma attached to it!!! What do you think?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment