Wednesday, July 17, 2013

tattoo help..............?

butterfly tattoo jail
 on tattooQ: Traditional Hawaiian Tattoo Artists
butterfly tattoo jail image



ll


I want to get "looking for the great escape" tattooed on me. But I dont just want the words I want a design but i'm not too sure what to get, any ideas?


Answer
Depends on alot of things but here are a few ideas

You could have an angle kinda flyin away from like a city or a house of something to tht effects

You can have like a flower blowing in the wind and a few petals escaping

You could have a girl or maybe even just a pair of hands releasing doves or butterflies

Or if u wanna go real hardcore you could have a prisoner escaping from jail hahaha

Hope those help

why are parents/people so bias with tattoos?




Ariel


im 17 and my parents are agiasnt tattoos and they think that anyone who has one will end up being a criminal aka my cousin whos also 17 just got one on his arm and they said "great just another criminal waiting to happen'. Why are people so judgmental and bias about tattoos? i asked them if they would let me get a tattoo (i wanted the word faith written in Hindi on my left wrist) they freaked out at me, and gave the you wont get a career with a tattoo and will attract the wrong crowd. Why are people so bias with tattoos? i really dont understand why they care so much about other people inking there bodys.


Answer
I agree, it's stupid to think that just because someone has tattoos (or piercings, people have the same bias about those too) it means they're a criminal, or a drug addict, or a slut or whatever. My dad is exactly the same as your parents... once, when I was about 15, we were watching some TV show together along with my mom and younger sister, and one of the TV characters had a really beautifully done butterfly tattoo on her shoulder, so all I said was "that's a pretty tattoo" and my dad literally gave me an hour long lecture about how getting a butterfly tattoo on your shoulder is exactly the same as getting a swastika on your forehead... so, his essential argument was that people with tattoos are all neo-Nazis. Ridiculous!!!
The thing is, people of older generations tend to have that bias towards tattoos and piercings because they were much less common back when they were younger. My sociology teacher told us that statistically 50% or more of young people now have at least one tattoo or "extraneous" piercing (other than the standard ear lobe). Young people are becoming generally accepting of people with tattoos or piercings, because everyone knows someone with one or the other.
I asked my mom, who doesn't personally like tattoos/piercings but accepts mine (with the exception of my industrial piercing, which she says looks "not elegant"), about why people like my dad automatically assume that people with tattoos or piercings are criminals or sluts, and she said it's just an old fashioned way of thinking. Because apparently in the 50s and 60s, the only people that had tattoos were either criminals (and jail tattoos were very common), drug addicts, deadbeats, prostitutes, etc. The only exception to that rule was certain cultural tattoos and certain military ink. And back then it was never acceptable for women to have tattoos... because the only ones who did were, again, drug addicts and prostitutes. Now of course, this is not the case at all.
Personally, I have 5 tattoos, 8 piercings, and plan on getting more. I can hide all my tattoos (the wrist one is the most difficult to hide...) for when I'm with my family, and all the tattoos I get will be easy enough for me to hide for most jobs that would even care about them. I've seen people who work in doctor's offices, dental offices, schools, and plenty of other places that have tattoos or piercings, so it's becoming more acceptable to have body art. I say wait til you're 18 and can legally get one by yourself, but get it in a place that's easy to hide from your parents. Then you'll have a tattoo you enjoy but your parents never have to know about it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: tattoo help..............?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment