Monday, July 22, 2013

What do you think of this?

delicate butterfly tattoo design
 on Small Butterfly Tattoos
delicate butterfly tattoo design image



Demon Lemo


The Truth About Butterflies:

I see the butterfly,
Lovely even from this distance,
Fluttering erratically on the edge of my vision,
Poetry in motion,
Colors radiant,
Contrasting and harmonizing in unison with the pastel sky,
A symbol of change and all things beautiful.

It's weaving a path through the air now,
Closer and closer,
Coming to rest on a branch,
Not three feet away,
Separated only by a thin pane of glass,
So close,
I can see it in all of its exquisite, horrid detail,
I realize my mistake but it's too late,
I can't draw my gaze away,
I'm seeing the truth for what it is.

Bright scales clinging loosely to gossamer wings,
Tattooed patterns designed to distract
From the mass of spindly legs,
Perfectly still,
Too brittle,
Too freely jointed,
Fine hairs bristling independently,
Standing on end,
Tasting the air,
Distinguishing temperature
From pressure
From direction,
The antenna waving lazily,
Fragile bundles of nerves,
Quivering at the slightest sound,
Woven intricately together,
Vibrating almost imperceptibly,
On the verge of unraveling,
The proboscis dripping nectar,
Lifeblood, sickly sweet,
Its tip pulsing, throbbing,
The dead eyes, useless,
Pools of liquid blackness,
Held together only by gravity,
Glinting, uncomprehending...

The butterfly.
It's innocently menacing,
A harmless parasite,
At odds with itself,
A falsehood,
A lie,
An overgrown fly in disguise...
Now I know the truth about butterflies.

So what do you think of it? Its meaning is pretty obvious...I got the idea from my innate and unexplainable hatred of butterflies :) All critiques are appreciated! (Check out my other questions for more poems ready for critique).



Answer
Well I have to admit that the first few lines had me fooled, for I thought that here was a poem which will be full of grace and beauty, then you knocked me for six with your suffering exquisite anguish at the site of such a beautiful creature. Then I thought, well no she has a fear of butterfly's and she has described her feelings of loathing for the creatures. For some reason however your first stanza contradicts the rest of your poem. It was is if you had just remembered that you hated these delicate creatures, though at a distance you had feelings of a different nature. An unusual poem but vividly portrayed.

still searching for a tattoo...?




0-


Please,please help me.Some girly tattoo ideas?with picture would be perfect.thanks a lot


Answer
i have three very large butterflies going up my back, they are in black and are all designed around celtic knots. i designed them myself, and they aren't especially girly. but you could do somethng scripty and swirly with a butterfly.

i have an even star on the back of my neck that is very delicate and swirly

and i have some tengwar characters on my foot.

flowers can be cute,. i have an hawaiin hibiscus on the inside of my wrist that i love.

it all depends what you like. any design can be made girly.

also, where do you want to get it?

hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do you think of this?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment