Friday, July 19, 2013

What are some good ideas for children's names?

butterfly tattoo with kids names
 on tribal tattoos for men shoulder and arm moon tattoo design tribal ...
butterfly tattoo with kids names image



Shay


I am getting a tattoo of my children's names. I have two, a boy and a girl. I was thinking of getting their names around my ankle with something like a heart separating the names. I do not want the typical solid heart though. Looking for unique ideas.

And I don't care if YOU think tattoos are stupid I like them and it will be meaningful and I don't care how it will look when I am old. So save all your dumb comments for someone else.



Answer
When i got tattoos for my girls I did a lilly and a rose, my daughters names, with a celtic love knot in the middle.

My sister in law has a butterfly with her daughters name in it on her ankle. Now hse has a son too and after a lot of thinking and talking she decided to have a vine done from her foot to her leg with a monkey on it holding a banana that has his name in it.

My cuz did a moon on her ankle that is blowing stars and star dust. Each star has a the name of one of her kids.

Kid tattoos can be a lot of fun.
Here are som pics of diffrent hearts. I dont know your style, i dont know your kids, so im goingg in totaly blind

http://superlative1.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/broken_heart_.jpg
I like the key hole in this one and you could get a key between the names on the other side

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6107883/2/istockphoto_6107883-winged-heart-tattoo.jpg
You can take the banner out and mix it up a little (more feathery or fairy like wings things like that)

http://www.edna.edu.au/edna/webdav/site/myjahiasite/shared/images/Heart%20health.png
That could be cute and done to make a great tattoo

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zsJ60XcO7XYvaM:http://lustyreader.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/claddaghring.jpg
If your irish you could use this (or even if you just like the claddagh) and put the names for the band

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:vUNAmOOOOmQlMM:http://www.kneadacookie.com/ladybug_heart.jpg
If you want something cute you could do a lady bug or even 2 put together to make a heart.


Good luck

How can I represent my family members in a tattoo?




MM


I want to get a tattoo to represent my mom, dad, brother & husband all in one tattoo but i dont know how. I was thinking the flower of their birth month but thats really common now & i dont want pictures of them. I also want to be able to add to it when I have kids. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks.


Answer
Nope. I have no idea and I've been in this business for a long time. But seriously, people face this dilemma constantly. "I don't want portraits, but I want something symbolic"and "I want their names, but that's so overdone" are the kind of things we hear in a busy shop on a daily basis. The flowers is a really common idea perhaps, much like birthstone colors incorporated into designs, horoscope symbols, etc. etc. In all my years of tattooing that's what people tend to go with more times than any other...the common, or cliche stuff, because it just works. It can be added to easily in most cases, and it just works artistically. It tends to steer you and your artist clear of having to try to work "10 lbs. of crap into a 5 lb. bag" by mixing up a bunch of different themes that are each relevant or symbolic of each person in a group but don't especially work together artistically. Especially a diverse group such as yours with a mom, dad, brother & husband. In my opinion, I would suggest doing something that YOU like for starters, for example, perhaps birds or butterflies. Do each one with a relevant pattern, or color or something symbolic of each individual and arrange them in a way that can intentionally be added to later if necessary. That might not be the answer you are looking for but I hope it helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some good ideas for children's names?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment